Hayling Island

Hayling Island

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

re: Virtualbox

Google is your friend.

The hang seems to be at the point of bringing up the sata drivers. Ah, I see so there is some competition between a config for stand-along booting, and running as a VM. If you want to run it as a VM, you should install windows under a VM and not try to boot an existing installation.

There are lots of people who have apparently solved the problem, but this involves heavy Windows petting. If it were Linux, or AIX, or pretty much anything apart from Windows hacking I would probably be doing it, and not typing about not doing it.

I can't bring myself to do it. Oh bother .. what do I do about running old Lattice tools then - the ones that won't WINE? I suppose if I get desperate I could boot into Windows etc. A quandary I shall ponder on.

No comments:

Post a Comment